- Oblate prayer week：May 21 – 29.
- Fr. Richard Harr, OMI
- THE PARISH: A Privileged Place To Fight HIV and AIDS
- Anna House
- Our Times: The Age of Martyrs
- The Horrific Crime Against 7 year old MYKIE PRADO
- Number of elderly workers in 2012 soared to new record high
- The “new” Korean martyrs bear witness to Christ at knife point
- Japan’s Invisible People
- 2013 Spring Meeting Reports: Bernard & Peter
- Canadian Oblate recognized for heroic virtue
- Far East Star Newsletter – March 2013
- Oblates Promote Social Empowerment in Sri Lanka
- Japan archbishop says Francis will ‘lead by example’
- How cells from an aborted fetus are used to create novel flavor enhancers
- Celibacy for priests a hot issue, just not for church leaders
- Old age far from gentle for Japan’s graying homeless
- Spring Meeting for 2013
- ASIA/SRI LANKA – Bishops and priests urge the UN: stop the destruction of Tamil people
- All Men are Created Equal
Monthly Archives: May 2012
Oblate Father Charles Burrows (Robertus Sutriyono, Purwokerto, Indonesia, May 28, 2012) – An Islamic cultural institute has honored an Irish-born priest serving in Cilacap district in Central Java for social work spanning the last 39 years. Oblate Father Charles Burrows … Continue reading
[May 19, 2012. (Romereports.com)] - On May 20, the Catholic Church celebrates World Communications Day. This year, the theme issued by Benedict XVI is “Silence and Word: The Path of Evangelization.”
The new system based on Immigration Act, Special Act on Immigration,Control, Resident Basic Book Act, which were revised in July 2009, is scheduled for implement on July 9, 2012. JAPAN
Golden Week Photos….Anan, Ishii in Tokushima Prefecture. What is “Golden Week”?
The church in Kobe has got a center known as Catholic Social Action Center (CSAC), which caters to the needs of people, especially the poor. In this place everyday you will see some homeless.
Saint Eugene seeks men of profound faith to collaborate in meeting the needs that such a situation demands; therefore, this reality is expressed in this way:
[Japan Times, May 13, 2012] – A recent Cabinet Office survey has found that 32.9 percent of married women have experienced domestic abuse.
[Japan Times May 12, 2012] – (“My boss told me they could no longer employ someone who is unable to make a long-term commitment” to the company, said Sakurai. “I decided to quit rather than wait to be laid off.”)
[Japan Times, May 12, 2012] – Japan will no longer have children under the age of 15 in 999 years, a group of researchers at Tohoku University Graduate School has estimated.
Our goal is to help socially neglected homeless people, including juveniles who have run away from home, improve their quality of life through the services of Anna’s House. With our efforts, we also hope to draw people’s warm attention to … Continue reading