- Pope says all who do good will be redeemed, including atheists
- Oblate prayer week：May 21 – 29.
- Fr. Richard Harr, OMI
- THE PARISH: A Privileged Place To Fight HIV and AIDS
- Anna House
- Our Times: The Age of Martyrs
- The Horrific Crime Against 7 year old MYKIE PRADO
- Number of elderly workers in 2012 soared to new record high
- The “new” Korean martyrs bear witness to Christ at knife point
- Japan’s Invisible People
- 2013 Spring Meeting Reports: Bernard & Peter
- Canadian Oblate recognized for heroic virtue
- Far East Star Newsletter – March 2013
- Oblates Promote Social Empowerment in Sri Lanka
- Japan archbishop says Francis will ‘lead by example’
- How cells from an aborted fetus are used to create novel flavor enhancers
- Celibacy for priests a hot issue, just not for church leaders
- Old age far from gentle for Japan’s graying homeless
- Spring Meeting for 2013
- ASIA/SRI LANKA – Bishops and priests urge the UN: stop the destruction of Tamil people
Category Archives: Bert’s Blog
by Fr. John A. Hardon, S.J. – Never in the history of the papacy has any Bishop of Rome written at greater length about martyrdom than Pope John Paul II. His encyclical The Gospel of Life devotes a thousand or … Continue reading
A few photos I took on Dec 26, 2012 in Kochi, Japan.
Enclosed are some photos I took at the Ordination of Pedro Hong in Seoul, Korea, on December 6th 2012.
Koga, March 2012 – On the morning of the 1st we started getting input from Bert and an open discussion on the topics that were prepared for us. The theme was ”Then and Now”.
(2012-07-28) – Tokushima City’s Awa Odori (阿波おどり) is the most famous of many dance festivals held across Japan during the Obon season in mid August. Awa is the former name for Tokushima Prefecture while Odori means dance.
Vatican memo sheds light on Church in Japan (Alessandro Speciale, Vatican City, June 4, 2012) – It was an unusually frank and sincere analysis, one you don’t usually hear from diplomats, let alone Vatican ones. And in fact, the public … Continue reading
Golden Week Photos….Anan, Ishii in Tokushima Prefecture. What is “Golden Week”?
Profits from this years’ work…Hitotsu bukai! Seminarian Diocesan Fund.
Wisteria – beautiful at this time of the year.
Golden Week in Japan. Took advantage of the nice weather and went to the Temple near Anan to see the peonies. Tatsueji. A sample of some of the flowers in bloom. Enjoy. Bert
Autumn in New England: mostly pictures of Massachusettes.