- HAPPY FEAST !!!
- Father General’s letter for February 17, 2014
- Japan’s bishops protest police intrusion, arrest in Catholic church
- Japan’s homeless recruited for murky Fukushima clean-up
- Our Superior General; about the appointment of the New Oblate Cardinal…
- Congratulations! to our New Oblate Cardinal!
- OBLATE TRIENNIUM in Japan and Korea.
- The fruitfulness of praise: Pope Francis
- Triennium begins in the Far East…
- Sri Lanka’s oldest Catholic monthly launches English and online editions
- “What does your church do for the non-Christians?”
- Mary Immaculate – Antidote to the Contraceptive Mentality
- Japan bishops oppose tough new state secrets law
- THE PRAYER THAT SHOCKED THE WORLD
- Are we Short of Zeal?
- Francis chides world leaders on Syria, calls military intervention “futile”
- Church against the government over inhumane deportation of Filipino migrants
- Five Inspirational Moms Who Rejected Abortions on Kids With Down Syndrome
- New scare at Fukushima power plant
- Japanese bishops oppose move to amend anti-war article in constitution
Category Archives: Photos
Photos taken by Bert Silver, OMI while attending the 2013 Anan Festival.
Sunday, July 7, 2013. Our Lady of Hope Mission, Anan. – The annual anniversary celebration in memory of the martyrdom of Father Deogo Yuki, SJ. This year was the fifth year for this type of gathering.
Koga, March 2012 – On the morning of the 1st we started getting input from Bert and an open discussion on the topics that were prepared for us. The theme was ”Then and Now”.
By Wency Laguidao, OMI, (9/5/2012) – You’re invited to view my slideshow of Fr. Mike’s 50th Ordination Anniversary
(2012-07-28) – Tokushima City’s Awa Odori (阿波おどり) is the most famous of many dance festivals held across Japan during the Obon season in mid August. Awa is the former name for Tokushima Prefecture while Odori means dance.
Golden Week Photos….Anan, Ishii in Tokushima Prefecture. What is “Golden Week”?
Profits from this years’ work…Hitotsu bukai! Seminarian Diocesan Fund.
Wisteria – beautiful at this time of the year.
Golden Week in Japan. Took advantage of the nice weather and went to the Temple near Anan to see the peonies. Tatsueji. A sample of some of the flowers in bloom. Enjoy. Bert
Check out these two video slideshows I made at the Kodak Gallery. You can make your own by clicking on the “Learn More” button after watching mine,
Autumn in New England: mostly pictures of Massachusettes.