- Oblate prayer week：May 21 – 29.
- Fr. Richard Harr, OMI
- THE PARISH: A Privileged Place To Fight HIV and AIDS
- Anna House
- Our Times: The Age of Martyrs
- The Horrific Crime Against 7 year old MYKIE PRADO
- Number of elderly workers in 2012 soared to new record high
- The “new” Korean martyrs bear witness to Christ at knife point
- Japan’s Invisible People
- 2013 Spring Meeting Reports: Bernard & Peter
- Canadian Oblate recognized for heroic virtue
- Far East Star Newsletter – March 2013
- Oblates Promote Social Empowerment in Sri Lanka
- Japan archbishop says Francis will ‘lead by example’
- How cells from an aborted fetus are used to create novel flavor enhancers
- Celibacy for priests a hot issue, just not for church leaders
- Old age far from gentle for Japan’s graying homeless
- Spring Meeting for 2013
- ASIA/SRI LANKA – Bishops and priests urge the UN: stop the destruction of Tamil people
- All Men are Created Equal
Category Archives: Jerry’s Blog
The Japan Times (Apr 28, 2013) – The number of workers aged 60 or above averaged 11.92 million in 2012, setting a record high for the sixth straight year, according to recently released government data.
See this heartbreaking video of the war on unborn human life. A war to which no other war in history can compare. The surrounding silence is stifling. The silence of the unborn. The silence of good people. The silence of … Continue reading
Recently an article appeared in the Philippine Daily Inquirer. The headlines read “Church: Don’t judge those with HIV/AIDS”. The Catholic Church issued a statement that the public should not judge people infected with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), which causes … Continue reading
Thailand (September 20) – At an age when she should have been in a classroom, Thazin Mon discovered her knack for peeling shrimp. To help support her Burmese migrant family, the 14-year-old pulled 16-hour shifts, seven days a week, for … Continue reading
As a Catholic Priest and one involved in Prolife issues, I often think about how our global society could improve.
AsiaNews 07/24/2012 – So far this year, police recorded 975 cases and 20 thousand complaints reported to the National Child Protection Authority (NCPA). Over the past five years, the country has registered 6,343 incidents of rape and 15,158 of child … Continue reading
06/27/2012 (AsiaNews.it) – The delay of the monsoon rains threatens to destroy rice and other crops in the northern, northwestern and central northern areas of the country. The energy blackouts are starting: the water supplies of the hydroelectric reservoirs are … Continue reading
[May 19, 2012. (Romereports.com)] - On May 20, the Catholic Church celebrates World Communications Day. This year, the theme issued by Benedict XVI is “Silence and Word: The Path of Evangelization.”
[Japan Times, May 13, 2012] – A recent Cabinet Office survey has found that 32.9 percent of married women have experienced domestic abuse.
[Japan Times May 12, 2012] – (“My boss told me they could no longer employ someone who is unable to make a long-term commitment” to the company, said Sakurai. “I decided to quit rather than wait to be laid off.”)