- Oblate prayer week：May 21 – 29.
- Fr. Richard Harr, OMI
- THE PARISH: A Privileged Place To Fight HIV and AIDS
- Anna House
- Our Times: The Age of Martyrs
- The Horrific Crime Against 7 year old MYKIE PRADO
- Number of elderly workers in 2012 soared to new record high
- The “new” Korean martyrs bear witness to Christ at knife point
- Japan’s Invisible People
- 2013 Spring Meeting Reports: Bernard & Peter
- Canadian Oblate recognized for heroic virtue
- Far East Star Newsletter – March 2013
- Oblates Promote Social Empowerment in Sri Lanka
- Japan archbishop says Francis will ‘lead by example’
- How cells from an aborted fetus are used to create novel flavor enhancers
- Celibacy for priests a hot issue, just not for church leaders
- Old age far from gentle for Japan’s graying homeless
- Spring Meeting for 2013
- ASIA/SRI LANKA – Bishops and priests urge the UN: stop the destruction of Tamil people
- All Men are Created Equal
Category Archives: Japan Current News (homeless)
Nihongo News (April 21 2013) – Homelessness is on the rise in Japan as never before. Blue tarp communities are springing up all over the country, yet the Japanese go about their daily lives as if these people don’t exist.
(The Japan Times) Dec 23 2012 – More than half of the nation’s homeless people under age 35 used to be nonregular employees, according to a survey by the welfare ministry, which plans to review its basic policies in support … Continue reading
Haaretz (Aug 06 2012) – Researchers in Denmark reported last year that 58 percent of homeless women were depressed. In Japan, 41 percent of homeless people were found to be suffering mental distress last year.
The church in Kobe has got a center known as Catholic Social Action Center (CSAC), which caters to the needs of people, especially the poor. In this place everyday you will see some homeless.
(cathnewsindia.com, Jan 26, 2012) – Church organizations in India are providing night shelter facilities for homeless people. At least 200 people have been reported to have died already due to a cold wave that hit India in recent weeks.